Do you have questions about copywriting or publishing or just want to talk to someone about your abiding love for old timey bottlecaps?
I'm here for it!
So you've got questions…
I love to meet with friends and strangers-who-become-friends to discuss their writing projects. We can do so over Facetime/Skype, or by phone. We can structure our meeting to cover specific bulletpoints or we can approach it as a loose, exploratory conversation.
Some topics we might discuss:
- How do you land an agent? (I’ve worked with several).
- What are the first steps to building a freelance practice?
- Is self-publishing or traditional publishing right for me?
- What should I put in my non-fiction proposal?
- How do I pitch journalistic stories and essays to editors?
My consulting rate is $35 for 30 minutes, or $60/hour. If you’d like to buy a package of 5 hours, you receive one hour free.
I'll send you a follow-up e-mail with some notes and thoughts to summarize our discussion. There's no pressure to continue our hours together, but our initial consult should give you a flavor of how I work with my clients to try to help them articulate their goals, map out a plan, and fulfill their dreams.
Not ready to hire a writing coach yet, but you know you want to try freelance writing? The Freelance Writing Primer was created just for you. For < $10, here is a valuable e-book that offers a great foundation for launching your lance as a writer.
This 16 page e-book contains the kind of information that every freelance writer should have at his/her fingertips when they are launching their careers, including:
- How to decide whether to go full-time or work the side-hustle
- What to charge and how to ensure your rate reflects what your work is worth
- Ideas for specializing
- Ideas for generating clips for your writing portfolio
- Showcasing your writing clips online
- How to pitch prewritten content
- Online resources that show pay rates for different publications
- A sample pitch that worked for securing an assignment from a major publication
- Marketing ideas for any budget