Oh, hey, December 2013. Have you met months January - November of this year? 1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Went to Savannah, GA (three times--yowsa!). Attended the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference. Led a group of students to ATL - CNN Headquarters and World of Coca-Cola. Started my third consecutive school year teaching. Signed with a literary agent. Began styling with Keaton Row.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Let us just take a moment to be thankful I am speeding ticket free for yet another year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, welcome North West! Ha. Also, Luke, Scarlett, Lois, Vivienne, James, just to name a few new blessings in our circle.
4. Did anyone close to you die? RIP Auntie Mare.
5. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? A book deal.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I really enjoyed my children this summer. I know that sounds like a non-accomplishment, but the transition from teaching to being a stay-at-home mama to two adorable punks in the death heat of Tennessee summer is something I find difficult. I planned a really great summer for us and we bonded in a significant way.
7. What was your biggest failure? I didn't stick to our financial budget as much as I wanted to and needed to, but I am back on track with that.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury? Praises be, no!
9. What was the best thing you bought? I got Loverpants a Sunday delivery of the NYT for the year. Such a great citizenvestment.
10. What did you get really excited about? My sister TP got engaged! This video
11. What was the best book you read this year? Toss up between: Still: Notes on a Mid-Faith Crisis and
12. Compared to this time last year, are you: – happier or sadder? I change from happy to sad 2394028343 times/day. – thinner or fatter? About the same – richer or poorer? So much better (see also: condo albatross gone)
13. What was your favorite TV program? Parenthood. Orange is the New Black (when is Season #2 btw?). Downton.
15. What were your favorite films of the year? Gatsby and, honestly, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 was not the worst sequel ever.
16. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? On my 33rd birthday, I think I got a massage?
17. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. My children are actively learning how to do this thing called Being Human from watching me. And that is a humbling, sobering thing.