There are some things we have to do in order to get the urge out of our system, no? I don't mean nefarious deeds or illicit affairs. I mean more alone the lines of indulging our curiosities until we flush that curiosity right out of our system. In my case, that has meant:
- Eating 3 Aunt Annie's pretzels in one afternoon. Glad I got that urge out of my system.
- Yelling at the top of my lungs in the college weight room at two guys that kept changing the radio station to super misogynist song station. I don't think I will be creating another scene like this, again. Out of my system.
- Marrying an Asian. So glad that whole desire was fulfilled and put away. And I kid!
- Applying to law school. This is pathetic, but there was a time when I just needed to get the whole application and acceptance song and dance out of my system. To prove that I was that smart, based on some faceless law school admissions committee decision. I got in, I never attended, and it's out of my system for good. For sure.
- Snorting a Pixi Stick. It was red, it was messy, it hurt. Out! Out of my system.
- I am sure Loverpants could rattle off a mile-long list of other things I just neeeeeeeded to buy/see/chew/do so that I could tuck away that burning desire.
But the latest includes getting our pictures made with the mall bunny. Just had to do it. Glad we did. No regrets. The bunny's name was Dennis. Crossed Dennis off the list.