(The following exercise is procrastination of the first degree. I have packed exactly one box today, and evidently the ergonomics of a rice cooker and a cake pan were just altogether a heady business because I spent the afternoon funnin' and saying worshipful things to my wonderful baby daddy on Father's Day.) So, to satisfy the gnawing question of how I maintain this youthful glow, this natural vivaciousness, this easy breezy beautiful like I just stepped out of a salon sometimes I need a little finesse sometimes I don't general aura...here are a few products I use daily to prime my canvas:
1. Cleanser with light exfolliant: I'm a Mary Kay consultant, so I drink that kool-aid (even if I will never qualify for a pink Cadi because I reinvest all my profits in lip gloss inventory) but I do sincerely think their 3-in-1 cleanser is phenomenal.
2. White Tea extract: I have chronic eczema and the only non-prescription product I've found to help is this by Origins.
3. Eye cream: I use MK's. Because gravity is still turned on.
4. Something that boosts collagen. I know this sounds like one of those "let's simulate science!" commercials that uses lots of venn diagrams to show you what happens to your epidermis when free radicals attack it, that is totally not based on hard science and is completely watered down for laymen consumers, but I will attest that I have seen the importance of collagen in my life, particularly in my huge Cabbage Patch Doll cheeks. Again, I use MK's night solution and I'm happy.
5. Lip balm with SPF. I love this one by fresh so much I wanna marry it.
6. Daytime moisturizer with SPF. I find most moisturizers come with an SPF 15, but I am the At-Risk Skin Cancer Society poster child so I best be using one that comes with at least 25.
Stay tuned for: "What's in K's make-up bag?"